Office of International Relations is a dedicated directorate within SRMIST tasked with the mandate of ensuring best of the global practices, opportunities and exchange for the benefit of our students as well as faculty / staff. It is therefore a consequence of such focused initiatives that SRMIST enjoys a high degree of recall in the international fora and many of our students and faculty members have the benefit of collaborating with institutions abroad over many structured initiatives.
Faculty and students are actively involved in research, as the university is
- Committed to fostering and furthering research excellence
- Specially focused on emerging areas of greate potential like Nanotechnology, Bioengineering, Energy, Environment, Materials and Embedded systems among others
- Actively involved in a research projects that have nation building and public cause at their heart like for instance rural healthcare, among others.
High Performance Computing Center (HPCC)
Supercomputer center is a location with a supercomputer facility usually need for research work. The supercomputer is a computer with a high-level computational capacity compared to a general-purpose computer. Performance of a supercomputer is measured in floating-point operations per second (FLOPS) instead of million instructions per second (MIPS). In general thousands of dedicated processors are placed in proximity to each other (e.g. in a computer cluster); this saves considerable time moving data around and makes it possible for the processors to work together (rather than on separate tasks).
- To make the students feel at home
- To provide a friendly, comfortable, well furnished and secure ambiance
- To provide a healthy competitive and diverse cultural learning environment
- To inculcate discipline and to make students more systematic and strategic