ASTRAL INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION offers the best XAT classes in India. With the high number of selections in the COMPETITIVE EXAMS, Astral is consistently giving the top results and high pass percentages.
XAT is not a difficult course, but you will need good coaching to understand the concepts better and get valuable guidance. And ASTRAL INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION is one such XAT Institute that understands the needs of the exam and the students.
XAT Syllabus: Key Changes
Candidates must note that XLRI Syllabus and XAT Syllabus are the same. XAT Syllabus comprises the topics based on their occurrence in the previous years’ XAT papers. The syllabus for XAT exam will comprise 4 sections having questions from the major topics defined in the syllabus. Some major changes introduced in XAT exam pattern and Syllabus are given below:
- The number of sections has been increased from 4 to 5 as the essay writing section has been reintroduced.
- XAT Syllabus will have only these 5 sections:
- Verbal & Logical Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
- Decision Making
- General Awareness
- As per the updated XAT exam pattern, the maximum number of questions in XAT 2023 exam has been fixed to 101.
- The Essay will be evaluated only for candidates shortlisted for the PI round.
- 75 Questions in Part 1 will have a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
- 25 GK questions in Part 2 will not have any negative marking.
XAT Syllabus Highlights
XAT Syllabus will be divided into 5 sections. The key highlights of these sections of XAT Syllabus are tabulated below.
Time Limit 165 minutes (about 3 hours)
|Section||No. Of Q.||Topics|
|Part 1. Verbal and Logical Ability||26||Critical and Analytical Reasoning, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Logical Deductions|
|Part 1. Decision Making||21||Case let study, Data Arrangement, Decision making in each scenario, Ethical Dilemma|
|Part 1. Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Number System, Arithmetic|
|Part 2. General Knowledge||25||Static GK and Current Affairs|
XAT Section-wise Syllabus 2023
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI): 28 Questions will be asked from this section from topics like mensuration, algebra, geometry, number system, etc. The difficulty level of this section is high, and for this reason, an accuracy of 70% is considered good.
- Verbal & Logical Ability (VA & LR): Questions in this section are mostly from topics like critical and analytical reasoning, vocabulary, reading comprehension, logical deductions, etc. As per the previous year’s trend, a total of 26 questions of moderate-elevated level of difficulty will be in XAT Verbal & Logical Ability section.
- Decision Making (DM): 21 questions will be asked from this section. This section is an interesting feature of XAT exam and consists of questions from topics such as caselet study, data arrangement, decision making in each scenario, ethical dilemma, etc.
- GK: The section is usually of moderate difficulty and there is no negative marking for wrong answers. A total of 25 questions carrying 1 mark each will be asked in this section.
- Essay: 2 topics will be given out of which the candidates will be required to choose 1 and author a short essay of not more than 250 words
XAT Syllabus for each section has been mentioned in the table given below.
|Decision Making||Ethical Dilemma, Business Decision Making, Complex Arrangement, Caselets, Arrangement of data, Grouping, Assumptions, Premises, Conclusions|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration, Number System, Geometry, Mensuration, Percentage, Surds and Indices, Bar Diagrams, Pie Charts, Tables, Data Interpretation.|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Analogy, Para jumbles, Verbal reasoning, Critical Reasoning, Error Detection, Fill in the Blanks|
|General Knowledge||Management, History, Important personalities, Science & Technology, Economy, Politics, Static GK, Sports, Prizes and Awards, World, Government, Constitution of India, etc.|
|Essay||Essay topics include current affairs, social & economic issues, business & management-oriented topics, abstract topics, etc.|
XAT Syllabus 2023 for General Knowledge (GK)
To score in this section, a candidate needs to remain in constant touch with GK daily. Key features of General Knowledge XAT Syllabus are mentioned below:
- Topics to be covered in this section are history, politics, author names, business, economy, current affairs (national and international), etc.
- 25 questions will be asked in total. You will be given 25 minutes to complete this section and the essay writing section.
- The difficulty level is moderate. Most questions are on current affairs and some on GK.
- 60:40 breakup is expected for GK and Current Affairs.
- Candidates can go for guesswork as negative marking is not applicable in this section.
- 12 – 14 questions would ideally be a good attempt.
|Politics||Nation and States|
|Sports||Awards and Recognitions|
|Merger & Acquisitions||—|