ASTRAL INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION offers the best STENO classes in India. With the high number of selections in the COMPETITIVE EXAMS. Astral is consistently giving the top results.
STENO is not a difficult course, but you will need good coaching to understand the concepts better and get valuable guidance. And ASTRAL INSTITUTE FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION is one such STENO Institute that understands the needs of the exam and the students.
SSC Stenographer Qualifying Criteria
- To be eligible for the Tier-II Skill test, candidates must achieve the cut-off marks in Tier-I (CBT). The SSC Stenographer Syllabus is mentioned in the table above.
- The cut-off marks are different for Tier-I (CBT) for Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D.’
- Candidates who score higher than the Grade ‘C’ cut-off will be able to take both the Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Tier-II skill examinations. Candidates who meet the Grade ‘D’ cut-off marks will be eligible to undertake just the Tier-II Grade ‘D’ skill test.
- The Shorthand skill test is only for qualification purposes, and the final merit list will be based on Tier-I scores (CBT).
- General Category candidates are allowed 5% for Grade ‘C’ and 7% for Grade ‘D’ mistakes in the skill test, while OBC/SC/ST/Ex-serviceman and other reserved categories are allowed 5% for Grade ‘C’ and 10% for Grade ‘D’ mistakes.
Candidates who want to attempt the SSC Steno exam must be familiar with all the topics covered in each subject. They will undoubtedly be able to achieve excellent scores in the examination if they study all the topics listed under each subject.
General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
Assorted topics included in the SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning section of the CBT (Computer Based Test) are tabulated below:
|SSC Steno Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning||SSC Steno Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Similarities and Differences||Relationship Concepts|
|Space Visualization||Arithmetic Reasoning|
|Problem-solving||Verbal and Figure Classification|
|Analysis||Arithmetical Number Series|
|Decision Making||Abstract Ideas and Symbols|
|Visual Memory||Relationship, Arithmetic Computation, Analytical Functions of Abstract Ideas and Symbols.|
General Awareness Syllabus
The SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Awareness section of the CBT is as under:
|SSC Steno Syllabus for General Awareness||SSC Steno Syllabus for General Awareness|
|Indian History – Indian Independence Movement, Mughal Empire, etc.||Government Policies and Schemes|
|Indian Polity||Indian Economy|
|Indian Geography – Soil in India, Indian Crops, Farming and Irrigation in India, Indian Rivers, etc.||Countries, Currencies, and Capitals|
|Indian Constitution and Scientific Research||Days and Events|
|Art and Culture; Science and Technology||Events and Affairs of National and International Importance|
|India and World Economics Scenes||Indian Neighboring Countries’ Sports|
|Awards and Honours||Books and Authors|
English Language and Comprehension Syllabus
The SSC Stenographer Syllabus for the English language and Comprehension section of the CBT is as under:
|SSC Steno Syllabus for English Language and Comprehension||SSC Steno Syllabus for English Language and Comprehension|
|Basic English Grammar and Sentence Structure||Sentence Correction|
|Parts of Speech – Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Preposition, Conjunction, etc.||Phrases and Idioms|
|Articles||Antonyms and Synonyms|
|Active and Passive Voice||Spotting Errors|
|Direct and Indirect Speech||Para Jumbles|
|Fill in the Blanks||Phrase Replacement|
|Cloze Test||Comprehension Reading|