ASTRAL Education offers the best PH.D. Entrance classes in India. With the high number of selections in the PH.D. Entrance, Astral is consistently giving the top results.
PH.D. Entrance is not a difficult course, but you will need good coaching to Batter understand the concepts better and get valuable guidance. And Astral Education is one such PH.D. Entrance Institute that understands the needs of the exam and the students.
Our PH.D. Entrance classes have limited seats so that teachers can give proper attention to each student. According to the students’ performance, we provide them with personalized guidance so that they can get the best PH.D. Entrance result.
- Central University of Jammu
Central University of Jammu
Central University of Jammu PhD Admission Central University of Jammu invites application for PhD admission.
Available PhD Programs
|Computer Science & Information Technology||07|
|Human Resource Management||04|
|Tourism and Travel Management||05|
|Material Sciences and Technology||03|
|Comparative Religions and Civilizations||02|
|National Security Studies||05|
|Public Policy & Public Administrations||04|
Important Dates for Central University of Jammu PhD Admission
|Start of online application form||To be declared|
|Last Date of Application||To be declared|
|Date of Entrance Test||To be declared|
|Publication of Result of Written Test||To be declared|
|Interview||To be declared|
|Publication of Merit List||To be declared|
Eligibility Criteria for Central University of Jammu PhD Admission
- Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks e or its equivalent grade in relevant discipline.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non – creamy layer)/Differently Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The Two-tier selection procedure will comprise
- Entrance Test
- Interview/Viva – voice/Interaction
- UGC/NET/UGC-CSIR NET/SLET/ GATE/M.Phil. or, any other national level fellowship test qualified students need to register only and need not appear in the test.
- For JRF/NET/SLET/SET (GATE/UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/MPhil) qualified candidates –
- JRF qualified candidates shall be deemed to have scored 100% marks in the test, whereas, the NET/SLET/SET/M.Phil. qualified candidates shall be deemed to have scored marks equivalent to the marks scored by the topper of written test who has applied for the University
Weightage for Selection
Entrance Test Marks Weightage – 70%
Interview/Viva –voce/Interaction – Weightage 30%
Entrance Exam Test Details
- 100 Questions (MCQ) of one mark without negative marking.
- Question Paper will have Two Sections
- Research Methodology (50%)
- Subject Specific (50%)
- Syllabus for written test will be same as for UGC-NET/CSIR-NET
- Qualifying Marks
- 50 % for General Category including EWS
- 45% in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers) and Persons with Disabilities
Central University of Jammu PhD Admission Application Form
- Candidates can apply online on the University Website http://www.cujammu.ac.in/
- Candidates appearing in qualifying/final year of the Degree will also be provisionally eligible for admission. However, he/she must submit their result before closing of admission.
Central University of Kashmir
The Central University of Kashmir offers integrated M. Phil/Ph.D. through its different schools of studies. Admission is done through the national-level Central Universities Entrance Test (CUCET) followed by a personal interview. The varsity has commenced the application procedure for CU (Central Universities) Kashmir Ph.D. Admission.
Check Central University of Kashmir Admission Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. Course
- The Central University of Kashmir also has provision for entry into a full-time Ph.D. program as well as the integrated M. Phil/Ph.D. degree in the part-time mode.
- The disciplines in which students can pursue the integrated Ph.D. degree are Management Studies, Tourism Studies, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Economics, Politics and Governance, Zoology, and Biotechnology.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for admission are a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Application is an annual process through the CUCET portal.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD category candidates is as per GoI directives.
- The duration of the integrated M. Phil/Ph.D. can be split into two phases: minimum duration for M. Phil is 2 semesters/ 1 year and maximum duration is 4 semesters/ 2 years; minimum and maximum duration of Ph.D. is 3 years and 6 years, respectively.
Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. Important Dates
Tabulated below are the important dates related to CU Kashmir Ph.D. Admission :
|Commencement of Online Application||To be Notified|
|Last Date to Fill Online Application Form||To be Notified|
|Correction Window||To be Notified|
|CUCET Entrance Exam||To be Notified|
|Shortlisted Candidates for Interview||To be Notified|
|Interview Schedule||To be Notified|
|Final Merit List||To be Notified|
|Commencement of Academic Session||To be Notified|
Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are specific to the different disciplines of the integrated M. Phil/Ph.D. degree at the Central University of Kashmir that is presented below:
|Ph.D. in Management Studies||MBA with at least 55% aggregate score.|
|Ph.D. in Economics||A PG degree in Economics with at least a 55% aggregate score.|
|Ph.D. in Politics and Governance||A PG degree in Political Science or related subject with at least 55% in aggregate score.|
|Ph.D. in Islamic Studies||A PG Degree in Islamic Studies or related subject with at least 55% in aggregate score.|
|Ph.D. in Mathematics||A PG Degree in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics with at least 55% in aggregate score.|
|Ph.D. in Biotechnology||A PG degree in Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Clinical Biochemistry/ Microbiology or related discipline with at least 55% aggregate score.|
|Ph.D. in Zoology||A PG degree in zoology or allied discipline with at least a 55% aggregate score.|
Please note that the minimum percentage requirement is relaxed up to 5% for SC/ST/OBC (NCL) and PWD (Person with Disability) candidates.
Central University of Kashmir Full-Time Ph.D. (Direct Entry) Eligibility Criteria
The Central University of Kashmir also has the provision of direct entry into a Full-Time Ph.D. program provided:
- The candidate has successfully completed M. Phil/LLM/M. Tech/ME with a minimum score of 55% or equivalent.
- Qualified UGC/CSIR JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) with a minimum score of 65% or equivalent in their PG degree.
- Qualified UGC NET candidates with a minimum score of 75% in the entrance test and 75% or equivalent in their PG degree.
- Candidates who hold a permanent faculty position at recognized colleges with experience of at least 4 years.
Central University of Kashmir Part-Time Ph.D. (Direct Entry) Eligibility Criteria
Direct entry to the Ph.D. program in the part-time mode is offered to candidates who are:
- Employed as Assistant Professors at the university for at least 3 years.
- Officers in the same grade pay as the Assistant Professors, holding a regular LLM degree with a minimum score of 55% marks and having at least 3-years of experience in a government/semi-Government establishment.
Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. Admission Criteria
The application process for admission to the Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. is online.
CU Kashmir Ph.D. Selection Criteria
- Admission is through CUCET. Candidates are shortlisted based on their CUCET scores and university/program choice and invited for the progressive rounds of selection.
- The final selection of the candidates is done by specific departments of the university based on the following criteria:
|Merit in CUCET||50%|
- The Presentation and Interview focus on the proposed research topic that a particular candidate wishes to pursue.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply for the Integrated M. Phil/ PhD through the university website https://www.cukashmir.ac.in/
- Register on the University admission portal to access the online application form.
- Carefully fill in the application form with the correct details.
- Upload following documents in either .JPEG/.JPG/.PNG file formats:
|Document Type||File Size|
|Passport-size photograph||20 – 50 KB|
|Specimen Signature||10 – 50 KB|
- Complete Application Fee payment online using Debit/ Credit Card, UPI, or Net Banking facilities.
|Applicant Category||Application Fee Payable|
|General/ OBC/ EWS||INR 1000|
- Review carefully before submitting the form.
The following documents must be submitted for admission purposes:
- Attested photocopy of Class 10th certificate bearing DOB.
- Attested mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- NET/ JRF/ M Phil/ CUCET Score Card
- Migration Certificate/ Character Certificate
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- 2 Passport-size Photographs
Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. Course Details
- The integrated M. Phil/Ph.D. program is split into two phases:
|Phase I: M. Phil|
|One Research Methodology Course||6 credits||150 marks|
|One Discipline-Centered Course||6 credits||150 marks|
|Dissertation||8 credits||200 marks|
|Viva-voce||4 credits||100 marks|
|Phase II: PhD|
- The course on Research Methodology will cover research methods, quantitative methods, computer/statistical application, research ethics, review of published research in the relevant field, training, fieldwork, etc.
- The Discipline-Centric Course will cover macro-level domain knowledge and the specific area of research.
- Students must qualify for the coursework examination at the end of the first 6 months with at least a 55% aggregate score to proceed further with their research work.
- Each M. Phil scholar will have to present one research paper and each Ph.D. scholar is required to publish at least one research paper in a refereed journal and make two paper presentations prior to submission of the dissertation/thesis
Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. Syllabus
|Ph.D. in Economics||Syllabus|
|Ph.D. in Politics & Governance||Syllabus|
|Ph.D. in Mathematics||Syllabus|
Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. FAQs
Ques. What is the pattern of entrance tests for the Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. program?
Ans. The CUCET for entry into the Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. program is an MCQ-type test comprising of two parts:
|Part A||Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude, Analytical Skills, and Research Methodology||50 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Part B||Domain Knowledge||50 MCQs|
CUCET is a computer-based program of two-hour duration. Please note that there is no negative marking in the Ph.D. entrance test.
Ques. I have a valid GATE score. Do I still have to appear for CUCET to enroll in the Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. program?
Ans. Yes, you will have to appear for CUCET to be considered for admission to the Central University of Kashmir Ph.D. program. This is because the university does not allow any waiver in the selection procedure to JRF/NET/SLET/GATE qualified candidates.
Ques. I have already completed my M. Phil degree. Do I still have to pursue the coursework in Ph.D. at the Central University of Kashmir?
Ans. No, you will not have to pursue the coursework in Ph.D. at the Central University of Kashmir. Candidates holding an M. Phil degree with a minimum aggregate score of 55% or equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC (University Grant Commission) 7-point scale are considered eligible to proceed with Ph.D. research work.
Ques. What is the intake capacity of research scholars in the various disciplines of the Ph.D. program at the Central University of Kashmir?
Ans. The intake capacity in the different disciplines of the Integrated M. Phil/Ph.D. program at Central University of Kashmir is presented below:
|Politics and Governance||6|
Ques. What is the Ph.D. student strength at the Central University of Kashmir?
Ans. According to NIRF data, till AY 2017 – 18, the Central University of Kashmir has 165 full-time and 9 part-time Ph.D. research scholars on the rolls. In each of the three subsequent academic years starting 2016 – 17, 2 research scholars have graduated with a Ph.D. degree successfully from the university.