ASTRAL Education offers the best PH.D. Entrance classes in India. With the high number of selections in the PH.D. Entrance, Astral is consistently giving the top results.
PH.D. Entrance is not a difficult course, but you will need good coaching to Batter understand the concepts better and get valuable guidance. And Astral Education is one such PH.D. Entrance Institute that understands the needs of the exam and the students.
Our PH.D. Entrance classes have limited seats so that teachers can give proper attention to each student. According to the students’ performance, we provide them with personalized guidance so that they can get the best PH.D. Entrance result.
- Nagaland University
Nagaland University Ph.D. Admission Dates
|The Last Date to submit the online application forms||To be notified|
|Screening of applications/ Written Test / Interview within the Department/ centers, and Declaration of Selected Candidates by the academic departments/ centers||To be notified|
|Online payment of Admission Fees by Selected candidates||To be notified|
|Classes commence from||To be notified|
Nagaland University established in 1994, offers UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels of courses across the fields of Science, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering, Business & Management Studies, and Mass Communication & Media.
It offers a Ph.D. course with 23 specializations. Students who hold PG or equivalent courses are eligible to apply for this course.
- Students will be selected based on their performance in the entrance exam.
- Students qualified in any of the National Eligibility Test (NET), recognized by the UGC (University Grant Commission) will get additional weightage during selection.
Nagaland University Ph.D.: Eligibility Criteria
- Students must have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale 5% relaxation is granted to those belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Students who have cleared the M.Phil. Course Work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale are also eligible to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree. 5% relaxation is granted to those belonging to SC/ST categories.
Nagaland University Ph.D.: Admission
How to Apply?
- Students must pay the application fees of INR 200 through the SBI I-Collect website using Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking etc. Website: The confirmation slip must be preserved for future reference.
- After the payment, the students can visit the official website of the University to fill out the application.
- The information asked for must be filled out accurately and the documents must be uploaded.
- Before submitting the students must verify the details again.
- The students must preserve the Acknowledgement slip for future reference.
- Application Fee payment receipt
- Passport-sized photograph
- Academic documents
- SC/ST/OBC-Central & Non-Creamy/ Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir/PWD/EWS if available.
The students must check the website regularly for information about the entrance exams. The final selection will be based on the same.
Nagaland University Ph.D.: Selection Criteria
- The students will be selected based on their performance in the entrance exam along with merit score.
- Extra weightage will be given if the students clear the following criterion:
- Clearance of any of the exams conducted by NET.
- Candidates with ‘A’ grade or above 60% in M.Phil. course from Nagaland University.
- Teachers of colleges affiliated to Nagaland University with the required experience.
Nagaland University Ph.D.: Course Details
The University offers a variety of specializations for this course as follows:
|Agri Chemistry & Soil Science||Agricultural Economics|
|Agri Engineering||Agri Extension|
|Agronomy||Livestock Production & Management|
|Entomology, Genetics & Plant Breeding||Rural Development & Planning and Horticulture|
Nagaland University Ph.D.: Course Syllabus
Click here for the brochure and the subjects for each course can be found corresponding to the respective departments.
Pre-Ph.D. Coursework Structure
|Course No.||Title of the Course||Credit(s)|
|1||Research Methodology||Depends on the respective departments|
|3||Review of Literature, Research Proposal, and Seminar|
Nagaland University Ph.D.: Placements
The university has a dedicated Training and Placement Cell headed by a faculty as in-Charge in each of the four campuses and for which a committee was constituted headed by a Senior Professor along with faculty-in-charge in all the campuses as members. They conduct various activities and bring in reputable companies for placements.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Question)
Ques. Where is Nagaland University located? How do I contact the University?
Headquarters Lumami:- Nagaland University, Hqrs. Lumami, Zunheboto – 798627, India.
Kohima Campus, Meriema:– Nagaland University, Kohima Campus, Meriema – 797004, India.
SASRD, Medziphema:- Nagaland University, School of Agricultural Sciences and Rural Development, Medziphema – 797106, India.
Dimapur Campus: –
Office Address: Nagaland University Residential Campus, LandMark Colony, Dimapur, Nagaland-797112, India.
Campus Address: Dimapur, DC Court Junction, Nagaland – 797112, India.
Email ID: sysadmin[at]nagalanduniversity[dot]ac[dot]in, system.admin[at]nagalanduniversity[dot]ac[dot]in
Ques. What are the facilities offered by Nagaland University?
Ans. The Nagaland University offers some of the best amenities like:
- Health Care
- Internet facility
- Cell to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
Ques. Does Nagaland University offer scholarship or assistance for students belonging to SC/ST etc?
Ans. Yes. The SC/ST Cell was established to supervise the implementation of the Reservation Policy of the Government of India. It assists in the conduct of various coaching schemes for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) and minority community students. They also offer NET (National Eligibility Test) coaching to the students belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
Ques. What are the other activities conducted apart from academics at Nagaland University?
Ans. The students can be a part of the following activities:
- National Service Scheme (NSS) Cell
- Students’ Union Election is conducted every year
- Students’ Representative in the University Academic Council
Ques. Does Nagaland University offer Hostel and Transportation facilities?
Ans. The Nagaland University offers both.
Hostel facility: They offer a limited number of hostel accommodation for both boys and girls.
Transportation: The fees for this facility are based on the campus the student is attending. The fees per semester are as follows:
- Lumami – INR 600 (Hosteller), INR 900 (Day scholar)
- Kohima Campus – INR 700