ASTRAL Education offers the best PH.D. Entrance classes in India. With the high number of selections in the PH.D. Entrance, Astral is consistently giving the top results.
PH.D. Entrance is not a difficult course, but you will need good coaching to Batter understand the concepts better and get valuable guidance. And Astral Education is one such PH.D. Entrance Institute that understands the needs of the exam and the students.
Our PH.D. Entrance classes have limited seats so that teachers can give proper attention to each student. According to the students’ performance, we provide them with personalized guidance so that they can get the best PH.D. Entrance result.
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Indian Maritime University
Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates who have qualified for any national level examinations [such as JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) (UGC/CSIR/DBT/ICMR/ICAR), NET (National Eligibility Test) (UGC/CSIR/ICAR), GATE or equivalent)]
- Candidates who have secured any national level fellowships (such as DST-INSPIRE or similar).
- Government-sponsored candidates and teacher fellowship holders and also with M.Sc. in Horticulture / Fruit Science / Vegetable Science / Floriculture/ Spices, Plantation Crops & Medicinal and Aromatics / Post Harvest Technology / M.Sc. (Agri.) in Horticulture / Plant Breeding and Genetics/ Seed Science and Technology / Biotechnology in a 10+2+4+2 system obtained from any recognized Indian University or Foreign University equivalent (approved by AIU (Association of Indian Universities)), with a minimum of 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories.
Fee: Non-Refundable fee of Rs. 500/- plus transaction charges and taxes as applicable through SBI Collect. https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm. While paying the fee, Application no. can be mentioned as 2502. The interested candidates may send their brief biodata mentioning their educational and JRF/NET qualification with supporting documents to the Head, Department of Horticulture, Central University of Tamil Nadu via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Indian Maritime University
Indian Maritime University PhD Admission – Indian Maritime University (IMU) Chennai invites applications for PhD admissions January .
Check full details on Indian Maritime University PhD Admission below here.
Available PhD Programs
Applications are invited for admission in the following Schools in Part Time/Full Time mode:
- School of Nautical Studies
- School of Marine Engineering and Technology
- School of Maritime Management
- School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
The University shall provide facilities for research in the following areas:
- Marine Engineering
- Nautical Science
- Naval Architecture and Ship Building
- Dredging and Harbour Engineering
- Off-shore Support Services
- Inland Waterways, Coastal Shipping and River-Sea Shipping
- Port and Shipping Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Maritime Security and Piracy
- Maritime related areas
- Inter-disciplinary areas
Indian Maritime University PhD Admission Important Dates
|Last date for registration||To be notified|
|Hall Ticket download (tentative)||To be notified|
|Date of Entrance Test (Centre Based)||To be notified|
|Date of Interview (tentative)||To be notified|
|Commencement of Programme (tentative)||To be notified|
Indian Maritime University PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission to the PhD programme shall be one of the following:
- Candidates who have passed SSLC (10th or 11th class/grade and PUC or higher secondary (12th grade) before joining undergraduate (UG) programme (3 or more years) and UG before joining PG degree programme, i.e. 10+2+UG Degree (3 or more years) or 11+1+ UG Degree (3 or more years) AND The Post Graduate (P.G) shall be in the respective areas of research in the Schools mentioned in previous slide or a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). For SC/ ST/OBC(NCL)/ PwD candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (or equivalent CGPA).
- M.S (Master of Surgery) (by Research) or M.Phil. degree in the respective areas of research in the schools mentioned in the previous slide or a relevant discipline.
- Mariners with Master or MEO Class I Certificate of Competency or PGDMOM qualification with 2 years of continuous teaching experience at degree level as faculty in IMU/IMU Affiliated Institutes/DG(S) approved institutes, shall be eligible till the Academic Year 2023-24.
Indian Maritime University PhD Admission Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/
- Read all instructions carefully before filling out the application form available on the official website.
|For all other categories||Rs. 1000/-|
|For ST/SC||Rs. 700/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through Online mode|
Admission of scholars to the PhD programme shall be based on the performance in:
- Stage I: Written Test to be administered in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format which would test a candidate’s General Mental Ability, knowledge on the Maritime sector, and knowledge on the relevant discipline/area of research in which the candidate proposes to do the Ph.D. To qualify to the Stage II, the candidate should secure minimum 50% in Stage I.
- Stage II: Descriptive writing in the general area in which the Candidate is interested to do research and proficiency in English and technical writing are tested in this stage. To qualify for Stage III, the candidate should secure a minimum of 50% in Stage II.
- Stage III: Personal interview by the Departmental Committee.
- The Written Test shall have 40% weightage. Descriptive Test on a general topic having 30% weightage and Personal Interview which shall have a 30% weightage.
- To qualify for selection to Ph.D./M. S By Research the Candidate must secure minimum of 50% overall.
- Candidates may choose to join the programme in Full time or Part time.
- Written Test* (Stage I) and Descriptive Writing Test* (Stage II) will be conducted in the following IMU Campuses.
- IMU Navi Mumbai Campus
- IMU Chennai Campus
- IMU Kochi Campus
- IMU Kolkata Campus
- IMU Visakhapatnam Campus
*Note: In the current pandemic scenario or such other unforeseen circumstances, IMU reserves the right to conduct the Entrance Test in Online mode.