ASTRAL Education offers the best PH.D. Entrance classes in India. With the high number of selections in the PH.D. Entrance, Astral is consistently giving the top results.
PH.D. Entrance is not a difficult course, but you will need good coaching to Batter understand the concepts better and get valuable guidance. And Astral Education is one such PH.D. Entrance Institute that understands the needs of the exam and the students.
Our PH.D. Entrance classes have limited seats so that teachers can give proper attention to each student. According to the students’ performance, we provide them with personalized guidance so that they can get the best PH.D. Entrance result.
- Tripura University
Tripura University PhD Program Admission Application Form, Dates, Eligibility
Tripura University announces Admission to PhD Program through Research Eligibility Test (RET-)
Tripura University PhD Admission – Online applications are invited from Indian and International candidates for admission to the PhD Programmed through Research Eligibility Test (RET-) under different departments in the Faculties of Science and Arts & Commerce of Tripura University for the academic session
PhD Programs Dept. /No. of Seats
- The details of the number of positions for each department are mentioned under:
Faculty of Science No of Seats
- Botany – 7
- Chemical & polymer Engineering – 2
- Chemistry – 5
- Computer science & Engineering – 2
- Electrical Engineering – 1
- Electronics & Communication Engineering – 3
- Forestry & Biodiversity – 3
- Geography & Disaster Management – 6
- Human Physiology – 6
- Information Technology – 4
- Library & Information Science – 2
- Material science & Engineering – 3
- Mathematics – 8
- Microbiology – 9
- Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics – 1
- Physics – 4
- Statistics – 1
- Zoology – 4
Faculty of Arts & Commerce
- Bengali – 3
- Business Management – 7
- Commerce – 6
- Economics – 7
- Education – 1
- History – 7
- Law – 1
- Linguistics & Tribal Languages – 4
- Philosophy – 4
- Political Science – 10
- Physical Education -6
- Psychology – 2
- Rural Studies – 1
- Sanskrit – 3
- Sociology – 1
- Tribal Studies & Ethnics (CSSEIP) – 2
- English – 2
- Music – 1
- Total – 139
- Online Application Form duly filled in may be submitted:
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form is: Date of Written Exam for the RET will be held on: Notified later
- Candidates holding a Master’s Degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the concerned subjects or allied subjects from any recognized University or Institute of National Importance are eligible to apply
- Candidates who have fulfilled all other essential requirements as mentioned above and have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) Exams/ NET (National Eligibility Test) / SET / SLET / GATE and/or are Teacher Fellowship holders or have passed the M.Phil. Exams or have worked in Tripura University in the capacity of a regular faculty for more than 1 year are not required to appear in the written test of RET exam.
- However, they will have to directly face Viva-Voce for Admission.
- Applicants should apply online only using Tripura University Website for admission to the PhD Programs through Research Eligibility Test (RET-)
- An applicant will be required to upload his/her scanned photograph, proof of SC/ST/EWS/OBC-Central & Non-Creamy layer/Students from Jammu & Kashmir certificate (if eligible) and PWD (Person with Disability) certificate (if eligible).
- The Application Fees will be as follows (for each program)
- Fee for UR/EWS & OBC – Rs.800/- (Rupees eight hundred only).
- Requisite Fee for SC/ST/PWD – Rs.600/- (Rupees six hundred only).
- Application shall be summarily rejected if payment is not made properly.
- Candidates qualified in the written entrance test being a part of the RET and others who are exempted from appearing at the written entrance test will be treated as candidates to appear at viva-voce program of 100 Marks in the concerned Department.
- The subject-wise merit list will be prepared by the department concerned based on the result of viva-voce program
- Applicants shall download their admit card from an online portal (see general instruction)
Date of Exam
- The date of written examination for the Research Eligibility Test will be notified later.
Written Exam of RET
- There will be a written exam of 100 marks based on post-Graduate syllabus of the concerned subject of Tripura University.
- The qualifying marks for the entrance test will be 50%. There will be 40(forty) brief questions of 2 (two) marks each and 4(four) questions of 5(five) marks for the written entrance test of RET.