With a vision to educate and empower the youth, to encourage transformative research that focuses on real-world problems, and to contribute to global sustainability via excellence at all levels, the Adani Group – one of India’s largest transport and utility infrastructure conglomerates with inspiration from the infrastructure and visionaries of India – Shri Gautam Bhai Adani and Smt. Priti ben Adani – has established the Adani University in the enterprising State of Gujarat in India.
With major thrust on education for transformation, Adani University will be engaged in building state-of-the-art futuristic institutions for education, training and research that shall disseminate managerial and technological knowledge of the highest value through impactful industry engagement and multidisciplinary research.
Five thrust areas, namely Infrastructure, Technology, Healthcare, Energy and Defense, will be the focus of university programmes, while the approach will be broad and complementary. Adani University will be a research-intensive institution that seeks to address and impact real-world problems. Research, formal and non-formal programmes for doctoral, under-graduate and postgraduate degrees and certification programmes, at the intersection of disciplines, will be offered at the University.
Adani Group, guided by the Infrastructure visionary of the nation, Shri Gautam Adani, established Adani Institute for Education & Research (AIER) under Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013 with an objective to provide the youth of the nation a platform to be the “Nation Builders”. AIER is instituted to impart them with requisite skills and training for contributing towards nation building.
Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII) is a self-financed institution promoted by Adani Group under AIER to enhance the cause of much needed infrastructure backbone of any economy, especially Indian economy, through educating young minds to become infra-ready technocrats and managers. Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII) is engaged in building a world-class Institute for Infrastructure education to generate and disseminate managerial and technological knowledge of highest value for the benefit of mankind through impactful industry engagement and multidisciplinary research.
Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII) has two divisions namely Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM) and Adani Institute of Infrastructure Engineering (AIIE). AIIM is offering two AICTE approved 2-Year’s full time PGDM (Infrastructure Management) & PGDM (Law) whereas AIIE is offering three 4-year bachelor degree engineering programmes; Bachelor of Engineering (Civil & Infrastructure Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) and Bachelor of Engineering (Information & Communication Technology). The engineering programmes are duly approved by AICTE and affiliated to the Gujarat Technological University (GTU
- To be a leading global academic institution in the infrastructure sector contributing to nation building.
- To create and disseminate knowledge in infrastructure.
- To develop next generation professionals.
- To impact practice through industry engagement and continuing education for practitioners.
Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII) is conveniently located on Sarkhej-Gandhinagar highway within a sprawling 600-acres area of Shantigram, the largest integrated township in Gujarat. Cradled in the lap of greenery, flanked between Narmada Canal to the North and SG Highway to the South, Adani Institute of Infrastructure is well connected with Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar by road.
In order to facilitate student activities and student-faculties interaction, the vast lush green campus of Adani Institute of Infrastructure has ample open and common space. Apart from having all kinds of world class facilities, the campus also has well trained staff members especially for security and safety of the students.
The institute has well-furnished fully air-conditioned spacious classrooms with audio-video facilities for conducting the lectures. All classrooms are equipped with wireless connectivity.
The institute has developed a well equipped Computer Centre which extends state-of-the-art computing facilities to students. The hardware and software meet the latest global standards. Various software packages and tools are maintained to facilitate the general computing requirement. Further, the Institute also has Wi-Fi facility and 30 MBPS internet lease line connectivity to offer uninterrupted internet connectivity to students.
The institute has developed a well equipped Computer Centre which extends state-of-the-art computing facilities to students. The hardware and software meet the latest global standards. Various software packages and tools are maintained to facilitate the general computing requirement. Further, the Institute also has Wi-Fi facility and 4 MBPS internet lease line connectivity to offer uninterrupted internet connectivity to students.
The Library of Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII) – window to the world of the latest information about infrastructure management & engineering education. Being one of the major service centers on the campus, it provides library and information services to support the teaching, learning, research activities of the Institute. All housekeeping operations and circulation services are automated using state-of-the-art library management system with Open Source Software (KOHA).
The library has a rich collection of books, in the areas of Economics, Business and Management, Marketing, Infrastructure, Law, Electrical Engineering, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Information Communication Technology, Mathematics and allied area. The library is also subscribing to print + electronic (more than 58+) journals including scholarly, company and industry databases such as Ebsco Business Source Elite and CRISIL Research.
The Library has the organizational membership of IIMA Library, IITGN Library and DELNET to supplement our resources and widen more resource access for our students and faculties.
To know more on library resource and facilities please check here
Seminar Hall / Auditorium
The campus has a large air-conditioned, world-class auditorium with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment for organizing student events and expert lectures, etc. The auditorium has a capacity of around 300 seats.
You shall be eligible for admission to the doctoral programme, if you have successfully completed one of following:
1. A 2-year / 4-semester Master’s degree programme (after 4 year undergraduate degree) with at least 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the UGC 10- point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions.
2. A 1-year / 2-semester Master’s degree programme, with the same conditions as in sub-clause 1 above with additional course work completion requirements.
3. A 4-year / 8-semester Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 7.5/10 with minimum of 3 years of work experience in respective domain of specialization with the same conditions for foreign students as mentioned in sub-clause 1 with additional course work completion requirements.
A relaxation of 5% marks can be given to candidate belonging to reserve category like SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled persons.
Duration of Ph.D. Program
The duration of Ph.D. programme will be as follows:
|Full time||3 years (Course work & Research work) + 1 year (Exceptional cases)|
|Part time||1 year (Course work) + 3 year (Research work) + 1 year (Exceptional cases)|
- The duration for Ph.D. programme shall be of maximum 3 years for full time candidate.
- The duration Ph.D. shall be of 4 years for part time candidate including course work. However, if part time candidate supersedes all requirements before stipulated timelines, they can submit their Ph.D. thesis with prior approval from Ph.D. Supervisor and ARC.
Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by Adani University Research Committee (ARC), but not more than 1 year to exceptional candidates with due consideration of reasons for the same, provided by research scholar and Ph.D. supervisor.
Ph.D. Coursework and Minimum Standards for its Completion
Ph.D. scholar at Adani University is required to undertake coursework for a minimum of five courses (12 credits) which must be cleared within two semesters from the date of registration. They are required to fulfill minimum credit requirements for completion of Ph.D. and its criteria shall be as follows
Structure of coursework
|Semester||Level||Course Name||Credits||Total Credits|
|I||University Level||Research Methodology||2||6|
|Scientific writing and presentation skills||2|
|II||Departmental-level research progress committee (RPC)||Core research subject I||3||6|
|Core research subject II||3|
|Total credit to be fulfilled by all research scholars.||12|
Qualifying Defense: One qualifying defense will be organized after 9 months from the beginning of the programme to evaluate the performance of Ph.D. scholars in coursework, literature review, and problem statement.
Total annual Fee
Adani University admits doctoral students through two stage admission process i.e. written examination followed by research presentation.
The procedure for the same shall be as follows:
1. Adani University shall admit doctoral students through a National Eligibility Test (NET) or National Entrance Test or any other relevant examination proposed by UGC, or Adani University Research Entrance Test (ARET), as per prevailing norms of the University (Refer university website for examination syllabus, pattern, and duration of examination). Those students who qualify GATE/NET/GMAT/CSIT(JRF)/other relevant examinations specified by UGC, will be exempted from Entrance Test. It is responsibility of the candidate to submit the relevant proof of the same.
2. After clearance of written examination, a research interview / presentations shall be conducted by a committee of Three experts appointed by respective head of department under Adani University. The selection shall be evaluated in the ratio 70 (written test): 30 (interview). Minimum of 50% overall marks is required to be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
3. Adani University shall declare the results of entrance test and interview within 15 days after completion of research presentation.
4. Ph.D. admissions shall be done in twice a year, i.e. one admission round shall be held in winter session and second admission round shall be held in summer session.
5. Incomplete applications and applications with false information in any respect shall be summarily rejected without any intimation to the candidate.