On behalf of our faculty members, associates and the management team, it is my pleasure to welcome you to AURO University.
AURO University, founded by the Rama Family, is inspired by the vision and teachings of Sri Aurobindo Ghosh and The Mother. Our aim is to provide integral education, skill sets and values needed to lead a more purposeful and fulfilling life in today’s complex and changing world.
AURO UNIVERSITY is an environment of collaboration and creativity driven by self-discovery of “Inner Being” that ENCOURAGES, ENABLES and EMPOWERS students in their INTELLECTUAL, EMOTIONAL and SPIRITUAL GROWTH.
The AURO University campus provides dynamic, energetic and progressive learning for students of tomorrow. Our campus atmosphere inspires students to discover themselves and to realize their highest potential. Students will be enriched through academic excellence, transformative experiences and excellent infrastructure facilities.
I invite you to join our learning community, which believes in pursuit of knowledge and success in life.
To be a premier University of Integral and Transformational Learning for future leaders.
A center for value based education, the University is focused on providing to:
an environment for self-development; an institution that nurtures their potential based on their aptitudes and interests.
a platform to be mentors and guides who shape the country’s future leaders by imparting knowledge and skills; opportunities for research on emerging trends and industry practices.
The Industry and Community
students with intellectual competence, reality-based knowledge and personal integrity; students who strive for excellence and aspire to become socially responsible leaders.
Research is one of the principles of academic transactions of AURO University for contributing to the process of creation of knowledge. The objectives of the University state:
- to carry out teaching and research and to offer continuing education programmes
- to create centers of excellence for research and development and for sharing knowledge and its application
- to provide consultancy to the industry and public organizations
Also, below are the powers and functions of the University, supporting research and related collaborative activities:
- to sponsor and undertake research and programme in fields of science, technology, humanities, social sciences, education, management, commerce, law, pharmacy, healthcare and any other allied areas
- to undertake research and to obtain registration in respect of such research in the nature of patents, design rights and such or similar rights with the competent authorities
- to maintain linkages and collaborate with educational or other institutions in any part of the world having objects wholly or partially similar to those of the University, through exchange of students, researchers, faculty and staff and generally in such manner as may be conducive to their common objects
- to develop and maintain relationships with faculty, researchers, administrators and domain experts in science, technology, humanities, social sciences, education, management, law, commerce, pharmacy, healthcare and allied area for achieving the objects of the University
Keeping these objectives in view, AURO University has launched the research programme. The advertisement for admission for the academic year 2020-21 has already been put out. AURO University has good Supervisors with quality publications. AURO University supports research activities through various initiatives.
The copy of the advertisement can be seen at the end.
- Ph.D. Sciences
- Ph.D. Management
- Ph.D. Hospitality Management
- Ph.D. Liberal Arts
- Sri Aurobindo Studies
- Ph.D. Law
- Ph.D. Design
- Ph.D. Information Technology
- Ph.D. Journalism & Mass Communication
Depending upon the position of vacant seats in the various disciplines, admission to Ph.D. Programme will take place in the July session every year. The admission schedule will be announced through advertisement on the AU website and/or in national newspapers for session indicating the Disciplines on offer. All applications in the prescribed format shall be received at the Research Unit of AU by duly notified dates. The applications will be submitted through online mode.
Students enrolled in Ph.D. Programme may work on full-time basis or on part-time basis at the University as per the Clause 8.5 of AU Regulations for conducting Research Degree Programmes. The proposal for change from part-time to full-time or vice versa will have to be approved by the Doctoral Research Committee and the School Board and placed before the RCSC/RC for approval. The decision of the RCSC/RC in this matter will be final. The duration of the programme will be counted from the date of commencement of the academic session or from the date of admission letter, whichever is later.
Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy Layer) and Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991].